Friday, January 8, 2010

How do you keep Modge Podge from showing brush strokes on your paper?

When I use Modge Podge to coat my greeting cards it always leaves brush strokes. I have tried using a sponge painter, but it does the same thing. Will they be lighter if I add more than one coat?How do you keep Modge Podge from showing brush strokes on your paper?
Use a sponge brush. They're cheap, disposable, and they don't leave brush strokes.





I've gotten the small 1'; ones on sale at Michael's for ten for a dollar.How do you keep Modge Podge from showing brush strokes on your paper?
More than one coat might help. Try adding a TINY amount of water to soften the Modge Podge first...just to thin it out a bit, and apply the second coat in the opposite direction. If that doesn't work, try again with a third coat in the same direction as the first. This is just an idea, but it might work! I would also try a really soft bristle brush that is kind of wide and work quickly because the MP dries really fast!


--Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment