Sunday, December 27, 2009

A good way to remove paint from brush accidentally left overnight?

Anyone have any good tips for cleaning a paintbrush that sat overnight? It's just regular latex paint. I know I could buy a new one, but this is my favorite - I've had it for years and don't even know if I could get a similar one. Thanks!A good way to remove paint from brush accidentally left overnight?
As a Home Remodeling Company Owner, I have dealt with this issue repeatedly. Take a plastic coffee can or plastic container and put liquid dish soap and hot water and let paint brush sit in it over night. Second option, paint thinner in a can will work and allow to sit overnight will also work.A good way to remove paint from brush accidentally left overnight?
Sorry about your paintbrush... I know how it feels to forget your favorite brush overnight... Here's the only way I've found that helps:


Use goof-off. Sit the brush in it overnight and then rinse with soapy warm water. It works like a charm! You'll find it at your local home hardware or paint store:


http://www.amazon.com/Goof-Off-Ultimate-鈥?/a>
pour some turpentine into a glass and put the brush in there.





I would suggest to leve it outdoors and away from children and animals.





also make sure you dispose of the glass safely
You might try hot water and see if that helps. Just soak it in a sink or a bucket with hot water. I don't know for sure if it will work but it's worth a shot.
This has been answered here before...see if this helps: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
soak a couple cups of ammonia let sit overnight ammonia will break the paint down and not hurt the brush
paint thinner

No comments:

Post a Comment