Sunday, December 27, 2009

How do you trim a bottle brush tree, and when do you do it?

I have a bottle brush tree, but I don't want it to get to big....maybe 4 feet tall. When do I trim it and how. I just planted it in June and it about four foot now. It is about 6 months old (2 months when I got it). Thank you to all who respond,. please serious people only!How do you trim a bottle brush tree, and when do you do it?
I would trim it after if flowers, usually late spring/early summer.


Depending on how bad your frosts are(frost can kill a young plant if cold enough) you could trim after frosts. I would cut down to half its size. They are quick growners and this will give you a thick shrub. If left unpruned they grown into small trees with sparse foliage but if you trim once a year quite hard you Will end up with a lovely shrub.How do you trim a bottle brush tree, and when do you do it?
Before the 1st frost...they can be big so prune often,,,, and deadhead flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment