Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How do you brush your teeth with an electric toothbrush without applying pressure?

I love my electric toothbrush but I'm having a hard time holding it to my teeth without applying at least some pressure. I have a small mouth so I don't know if that's adding to my problem. I would love some suggestions or advice. My gums are very sore.How do you brush your teeth with an electric toothbrush without applying pressure?
Hold the toothbrush in your fingertips, put it into your mouth in the cheek area then close your mouth a bit and brush. Don't tighten your cheek muscles or purse your lips, keep everything relaxed. With the electric toothbrush you use it to guide the bristles around your teeth and gums rather than using it like a manual toothbrush as there is no need to activate it to be effective.





http://en-ca.dentalcare.com/soap/patient鈥?/a>





This link has detailed information on Power Brushing including a video that is very useful. If your gums are very sensitive initially try using some Orajel (babys teething gel) on them prior to brushing. This should numb them up a bit. Also if you have an Oral B power brush there is also an ';Extra Soft'; brushhead available from the drug store.How do you brush your teeth with an electric toothbrush without applying pressure?
And they pinch my lips too.
It does not seem necessary to me to apply pressure. We have to hold electric brush against the teeth and it does the job. Do not shift it quick like ordinary brush. You should also use inter dental brush to clean between the teeth and your gums will become healthy. When food particles stuck between the gaps of our teeth, gums get infected. Inter dental brush help to clean them.

No comments:

Post a Comment