Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How often can I brush my teeth with baking soda without negative side effects?

I heard about this method, but I also heard there were negative side effects, like weakening your enamel, or so. Is this a safe method to use and how often should I use it?How often can I brush my teeth with baking soda without negative side effects?
It depends on what you are brushing with. An electric toothbrush with a very dry, caky mix will literally remove enamel!





Baking soda is abrasive and people typically use it to reduce stain but clinical studies have shown that patients who use baking soda over time can actually increase the amount of stain because the baking soda is abrasive and causes microscopic scratches in the enamel surface that will trap stain over time.





Baking soda can be beneficial but the risks outweigh the benefits. Whitening toothpastes have proven to cause sensitivity in teeth but there is NO evidence it whitens teeth so don't waste your money.





Just brush, floss and have regular check ups and you shouldn't need baking soda. If you want whiter teeth, don't waste your money on crest white strips, have your dentist make you custom bleach trays. Good luck and happy new year!How often can I brush my teeth with baking soda without negative side effects?
I brush with pure baking soda almost every day. I have been doing so for many years. Occasionally I use a baking soda toothpaste too. I am having dental work done (2 crowns)


and my dentist says my teeth that don't need work are just fine and my gums are in great shape.
That's how people had to brush their teeth before there was toothpaste. My brother has braces and has to brush his teeth with baking soda three times a day, he's been doing it for over a year and there are no side effects yet.
2 times in a week is good.And it works a little bit.
i use it twice a week but max. 3 times a week

No comments:

Post a Comment