Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How do you brush a cat without the fur flying all over the house?

I have a long-hair mix-breed. I brush him to remove the dead fur, keep him comfortable, and reduce hairballs. But how do I keep the fur from flying all over while I brush? I've tried collecting it with a damp cloth, but that just makes a mess. I've tried feeding it to a running vacuum while I brush, but the motor scares the cat. I can't take him outdoors. Ideas?How do you brush a cat without the fur flying all over the house?
Brush your cat outside.How do you brush a cat without the fur flying all over the house?
Brush your cat on a blanket or a special cloth that attracts lint. There are also better brushes and combs for long hair breeds, ask at the pet store....Try brushing in the bathroom or any room where there are no carpets or upholstered furniture. Turn off the AC and all fans....





Good luck....
Try what is called a slicker brush. You can get it from any pet store. It collects the hair better and then you can just clean the brush.
use the right brush
Get a damp paper towel and just run it over your cat. It keeps the hair from flying all over the place. If the kitty starts to dry out, just rub him with the towel again.
As you brush, cup your hand over the tool, pull the hair off and deposit in a bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment