Sunday, December 27, 2009

How can I clean a basting brush, without a diswasher?

How do I get all the marinade and crap out from between the bristles? I go through these things like water, and could probably save some $$ if I had a better way to clean them. After so many uses, mine get pretty foul.How can I clean a basting brush, without a diswasher?
You know what works excellent and is so simple it's funny. Plain dishwashing soap that has grease fighters and hot water. Squirt some soap onto the bristles and smoosh/rub them around in your hands. If it's you don't mind getting your hands dirty that is but its' fine since the soap will clean your hands at the same time.How can I clean a basting brush, without a diswasher?
Boil them on the stove.:)
Buy a new basting brush that is made of that new silicone material. It can go right in the dishwasher with no trouble.
Soak it overnight in a glass of soapy water. Rinse well, and soak for a couple of hours in white vinegar. Rinse again.

No comments:

Post a Comment