Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How do you brush your tounge without feeling like your gonna throw up?

Everytime i try to brush my tounge i end up only getting the front part, and when i try to brush the back part i feel like im gonna throw up. What method can i use to get the back part of my tounge clean without throwing up?How do you brush your tounge without feeling like your gonna throw up?
Stay calm, don't think about it and KEEP BREATHING!How do you brush your tounge without feeling like your gonna throw up?
Its tough having a bad gag reflex. I would suggest taking deep breaths and concentrating on the breathing through your nose and brushing at the same time. Or sometimes humming while you brush can help too. What that will do is relax you, and take your mind away from what you're doing.Also, I haven't suggested this before with patients gagging while brushing, but what I like to do with patients with strong gag reflex is I put some salt on the back of their tongue before I need to do anything far back in their mouth. maybe its worth a try, good luck!
I have your problem! Then I got a toothbrush with a like scrubby thing on the back of the bristle part. I now can scrub my tounge with no problem! its like a rubber padding thing on the back of the top of the brush.
I get that also, I have a really sensitive gag reflex, so even if my toothbursh goes back on my tongue, i instantly get that feeling, I do what katie does, do it really quickly, and get it over with.
Lol. I used to have that problem. I just stick my tongue out and scrub real quick in the back and use a good mouth wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment